At Ultimate Solutions, we are looking for a Jr Accountant to be part of our team as a Global Leader in Validation, Serialization, Industrial Automation & Compliance for the Life Sciences Industries. You will be responsible for the accounting scope of our Ohio, USA day to day operation and will be reporting directly to our headquarters in Puerto Rico. As a Jr. Accountant you will have to perform general accounting, month-end close functions, prepare financial statements, and other financial activities within the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Prepare, track and reconcile invoices and payments.
- Prepare and reconcile checks for suppliers.
- Process payroll for employees in the organization.
- Compute taxes owed, ensure compliance with payments, reports and other tax requirements as needed.
- Report to management and headquarters regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts (bookkeeping).
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document record-keeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Provide the proper accounting information to internal and external auditing services for businesses and individuals.
- Represent clients before taxing authorities and provide support during litigation involving financial issues.
- Appraise, evaluate, and inventory real property and equipment, recording information such as the property's description, value, and location.
- Maintain and examine the records of government agencies.
- Other activities or projects could be requested.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 2+ years of experience as a successful bookkeeper or accountant.
- Bilingual English & Spanish in reading, writing and speaking.
- Advance knowledge of QuickBooks, MS Office, specially Excel and Word.
- Extended knowledge of Federal and Ohio Corporation's Tax laws and statutory financial statements.
- ADP knowledge is a plus.
- Strong Analytical Skills, able to identify cause and affect relationships between aspects of a problem in order to achieve timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Sharp business acumen in order to evaluate information received, assess situation and report information to the appropriate individuals.
- Working knowledge of complete accounting cycle.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work well in a fast paced environment, interfacing with internal and external customers, and meeting project timelines.
- Ability to effectively work as a part of a larger project team and with external contract relationships
- Availability and willing to work extra hours and weekends when required
Ultimate Solutions Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.