We are seeking a Sr Engineer to provide and/or directs the characterization of process optimization strategies and/or troubleshooting of operational issues in the operations, manufacturing, pilot plant or capital projects environment. Applies advanced and diverse engineering principles to the design and implementation of major system modifications, experiments, process and/or capital projects. Develops, organizes, analyzes, and presents interpretation of results for operational issues or engineering projects of significant scope and complexity.
Doctorate degree or master’s degree in Sciences and 3 years of directly related experience or Bachelor’s degree in Sciences and 5 years of directly related experience.
- Complete complex or novel assignments requiring development of new and/or improved engineering techniques and procedures.
- Develop engineering policies and procedures that affect multiple organizational units.
- Supervise, coordinate and review work of a small staff of engineers, associates and/or technicians on an ongoing basis as well as on a project basis.
- Employ advanced engineering techniques and/or modifications of advanced techniques within area of engineering expertise.
- Apply knowledge of engineering principles and practices outside of area of discipline expertise to broad variety of assignments in related fields.
- Serves as a peer-recognized engineering technology specialist in at least one area, with overall responsibility for determining methodologies in that area.
- Application of mature engineering knowledge in planning and conducting projects.
- Develop technical solutions to complex problems requiring the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Work with research, manufacturing, process development, utilities, facilities, quality assurance and validation departments in developing requirements and recommendations for large and/or highly complex system/facility modifications.
- Work with project managers to complete design and engineering projects within schedule, budget, and quality constraints.
- Coordinate the work of consultants, architects, and engineering firms on development of standard design documents.
- Develop departmental budgets or project budgets encompassing multiple disciplines for area within project or entirety of smaller project.
Ultimate Solutions Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical/biotech processes
- Familiarity with validation processes
- Familiarity with documentation in a highly regulated environment
- Ability to operate specialized laboratory equipment and computers as appropriate.
- Ability to interpret and apply GLPs and GMPs.
- Ability to apply engineering science to production.
- Able to develop solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope.
- Comprehensive understanding of validation protocol execution requirements.
- Specialized equipment/process expertise
- In-depth knowledge of validation processes and requirements as applied to new equipment installations.
- Interacts effectively with variety of communication and working styles.
- Ability to independently determine when additional internal resources are required to solve problems.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Established expertise in at least 3 separate areas of engineering technology.
- Ability to independently determine when additional external resources are required to solve problems.
- Ability to provide solutions to a large variety of technical problems of moderate to large complexity and scope.
- Problem solving skills requiring the application of scientific and engineering theory and calculations and creative skills in the development of hypotheses and approach.
- Working knowledge of financial analysis tools
- Ability to delegate and manage the project work of others.
- Additional Skills
- Basic technical presentations
- Personal Organization
- Validation Protocol Writing
- Dealing with and managing change
- Technical (Equipment Specific)
- Analytical Problem Solving
- Computer Literacy
- Problem solving and applied engineering.
- Basic technical report writing
- Verbal communication